Port Authority Projects
We Pull Off Big Plays
SEDB, the Stark County Port Authority and our partners have pulled off these big plays to help local companies and organizations expand or relocate in Canton/Stark County, Ohio. Let our team put a winning game plan together for you!
JOHNSON CONTROLS HALL OF FAME VILLAGE
Capital Budget $700 million Johnson Controls Hall of Fame Village.
The Johnson Controls Hall of Fame Village completion will coincide with the NFL’s 100th season and subsequent Centennial Celebration in 2020. Canton, Ohio, is the birthplace of professional football and the beginning of what would become the NFL.
There are 9 main components to Johnson Controls Hall of Fame Village:
Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium- A spectacular sports and entertainment complex that includes a permanent stage built into the stands.
Black College Hall of Fame- A permanent home to tell the stories of the greatest football players, coaches and contributors from historically black colleges and universities.
National Youth Football and Sports Complex-Eight state-of-the-art turf fields that will be multi-purposed, lighted and equipped with the latest technology and video capabilities.
Four Star Hotel and Conference Center-A spectacular, one-of-a-kind, football themed upscale hotel that includes a 25,000 square-foot conference center.
Hall of Fame Promenade- This is where you will find retail shops. restaurants, office space and residential housing. The “world’s greatest sports bar” is coming to Canton!
The Center for EXCELLENCE- A Coaches’ University, an institute for the integrity of officiating and an Academy of Corporate Excellence.
Performance Center-The Performance Center will house a 100-yard indoor football field and a configuration for a basketball arena that will hold 6,000. It will also have 80,000 square feet of flat convention space.
Player Care Center-Will provide a wide range of services and will also include LEGENDS LANDING, a football themed independent and assisted living active senior care facility.
Johnson Controls Hall of Fame Experience- An interactive and immersive virtual reality experience that places fans not only at the game, but in the game. The attraction will also feature a football-themed waterpark.
Stark County Port Authority-Multiple Bonds Issued and Phase 1, 2 and 3 Oversight.
TIMKENSTEEL JUMBO BLOOM VERTICAL CASTER
- Faircrest Steel Plant
- World’s Largest Jumbo Bloom Vertical Caster
- Capital investment - $260,000,000
MERCY/SIGNET MEDICAL BUILDING
Mercy/Signet Medical Office Building
- Jackson Township
- Capital Budget - $14,250,000
- Project Bonds - $10,250,000 of Non-Recourse Tax Exempt Recovery Zone Facility Bonds
- Borrower - Signet Healthcare Jackson, LLC/ Signet Development, Ltd.
- Lessee - Mercy Medical Center
- Bond/Debt Term - 20 Years
TIMKENSTEEL HEAT TREAT FACILITY
- Perry Township
- Heat Treat Facility
- Capital Investment - $40,000,000
PRO FOOTBALL HALL OF FAME FUTURE 50 PROJECT
Pro Football Hall of Fame Future 50 Project
- Capital Budget - $27,000,000
- SCPA Bond Issue - $10,000,000
- Bond Structure - Bank Qualified Tax Exempt Revenue Bonds purchased by Huntington Bank
- Term - 20-Year Structured Debt
HEINZ PLANT EXPANSION
Heinz Frozen Food
- Plant expansion
- Capital Investment - $28,000,000
STARK STATE COLLEGE AND TIMKEN COMPANY TECHNOLOGY AND TEST CENTER
Stark State College/Timken Company Technology and Test Center
- Jackson Township
- Capital Budget - $14,000,000
- Ohio Third Frontier Grant - $2,100,000
- Ohio Air Quality Development Authority’s Advanced Energy Jobs Stimulus Program - $1,500,000 “Forgivable” Loan