STARK ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT BOARD JOB OPENINGS
JOB DESCRIPTION: PROJECT MANAGER
Position Title: Strengthening Stark Project Manager
Background: Strengthening Stark is seeking a project manager preferably with experience working in community and economic development, to manage day-to-day program office administration and protocols including research and program metrics management. This position will support the Strengthening Stark Program Management Office (SSPMO) and report directly to the strategic and engagement officers. The ideal candidate must be a team-player, resourceful, a good problem solver, organized and able to multi-task and complete assignment in a timely manner.
About Strengthening Stark: Commissioned and issued by Stark Community Foundation in August 2017 at the request of the Stark Civic Group, the Strengthening Stark Report is a cleared-eyed assessment of the current economic and social health of Stark County. The data-driven report examines key community issues and recommends specific actions to help reserve downward trends. The report has since spurred a county-wide community conversation which led Stark economic Development Board to create and implement the first-ever, county-wide economic development plan.
Organization Overview: Strengthening Stark is a collective movement to create alignment and coordination to the economic development efforts of more than two dozen entities that work to advance economic growth and opportunity in Stark County. Strengthening Stark is guided by a Governance Committee, which consists of volunteers, many of whom represent the entities that support or perform economic development activities. The Governance Committee supports the development of strategies, initiatives and projects to improve results in four areas: business growth, talent development, quality palaces and community commitment. The goals of Strengthening Stark is to help the citizens of Stark County build personal capital (financial, social, intellectual and health) by establishing a more inclusive, innovative and sustainable local economy. Through greater personal capital, citizen can access incremental economic opportunities to continually improve their quality of life.
Are you our candidate?
- Are you a person who deeply cares about the well-being of Stark County?
- Are you frustrated with what you see around you and wish to improve the community around you?
- Are you a type of person who enjoys working with a diverse team of individuals and collectively problem solve?
- Are you a good listener and try to create win-win situations?
- Are you willing to work diligently in an accountable manner to help make lives of Stark County residents better?
- Do you thrive in an entrepreneurial, dynamic and evolving environment?
- Do you like a work environment where you are in different meetings, different locations, and meeting with different stakeholders and leaders?
- Are you able to communicate your thoughts well in a writing and through public speaking?
- Are you able to manage your work and organization your work so that you can quickly turn around requests?
- Are you a self-started and willing to adapt and learn new skills and concepts?
The individual will be responsible for helping support the day-to-day management of the Strengthening Stark office and the various associated activities. In this capacity the individual will be responsible for, but not limited, to the following:
- Take ownership of specific projects.
- Help support the Strengthening Stark office and the program managers on a variety of cross-functional needs.
- Attend meetings, prepare minutes and follow up on assigned tasks for the SSPMO, governance and subcommittee meetings and other external meetings.
- Organize and maintain office information: master database, Microsoft team, google sheet, research/economic data, shared folders, previous meeting notes - making sure all information related to the SSPMO is well organized and easily accessible.
- Assist with PowerPoint presentations, reports and other office presentations.
- Assist and gather program data and metrics for monthly and quarterly program status reports and presentations.
- Assist with planning and logistics of meetings and events.
- Generate emails and reports as appropriate.
- Associate Degree, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Must have some work experience (internships, part-time work, etc.) Will require a letter of reference from a prior employer.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Outlook with expertise in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Sheets and Teams.
- General knowledge of community and economic development preferred.
- Strong self-starter and a problem-solver. An individual who is willing to take the initiative to problem solve when challenges arise.
- An individual who is willing to take constructive feedback and rapidly evolve behavior and performance accordingly.
- A person who is willing to work towards strong collective outcomes. Sometimes this requires take a strong lead and sometimes this means letting others shine.
- A person who has a strong desire to learn and evolve. This person may not be familiar with all the nuances of economic and community development on day 1, but is willing to observe and go the extra mile to learn about the region, the community, the efforts and the partners. And then use this learning to help continuously improve the Strengthening Stark efforts.
- An individual who is able to work with people and citizens from a diverse set of backgrounds
Strengthening Stark is firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, disability, military status, sexual orientation, or genetic information throughout the employment process, from selection through termination. Strengthening Stark Governance Committee expects all employees, vendors, and associates to support the nondiscriminatory policies of Strengthening Stark.
- Full benefits (health, dental, retirement and PTO)
- Compensation for the position is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.